December 14, 2018
In 2018 the International 5.5 Metre class celebrated its 70th Anniversary and to mark this occasion the class has commissioned a commemorative yearbook, which will feature the events of 2018 and look back at the long history of the class.
Work has already started but to ensure the success of the project we are asking for two things please:
1. Content: We are looking for articles on the 5.5 Metre, its history, development and races over the years. Requests are being sent out but if you have some materials that you think will be of interest, please get in touch.
2. Advertising: Production of the Yearbook will be largely financed through advertising. Advertising space will be limited to 15% of the book, which equates to around 20 pages. An advertising package is available to include placement in the yearbook, on the new class website and on the emailed press releases. Advertising is welcome and is encouraged from both class equipment suppliers as well as member's own companies.
The Yearbook will include
- Key class information and contacts
- 2019 Calendar
- Reports and results from 2018
- Regional reports
- Articles of historical interest
- Interviews with key personalities
- Archive of major results
Copies will be distributed to all 5.5 sailors free of charge, and used for promotion of the class ay yacht clubs around the world.
For more details please download the attached Media Pack.
All advertising/editorial queries to:
Tel: +44 (0)7936 356 663
Email: communication (at) 5.5class.org